Sunday, October 20, 2019

Entry #6: I Taught Gordon Ramsay

Chef Amor here, 

Kidding
season 7 cooking GIF by MasterChef JuniorThroughout busy schedule, I try to find healthy and fast alternatives for meals. Scrolling through countless blogs, I came across one for healthy and fast pizza. After finding the holy grail of all healthy pizza recipes, I found myself at my local Walmart with a cart full of items. 


You can pretty much put anything on a personal pizza. For example: the moment I had shown my friends my little creation I was mocked for the heaps of onions I just threw on top. I guess learn how to cut onions or forever cry (Kidding). The blog: “Eat Yourself Skinny” does a great job at explaining how to make their flavorful Pita Pizza.


Whole Wheat Pita Bread Pizza
What you’ll need:
  • 4 whole-wheat pita breads (about 7½ inches)
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and julienned
  • 3 oz. fresh mozzarella, grated
  • Fresh basil, sliced
  • For the sauce:
  • ¼ tsp. olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ tsp. dried oregano
  • ½ tsp. dried basil
  • ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1 bay leaf
  • ½ of a 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • ¼ cup tomato paste


How to make this secret delicacy:    

"1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.To make the tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant and slightly browned (about 4 minutes) then add the rest of your ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, allowing tomato sauce to simmer for about 35 minutes. Sauce should become thick.

3.On two baking sheets, assemble pita bread and spread about ⅓ cup of sauce on each. Add bell pepper slices and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for roughly 20 minutes, until cheese has melted and crust is slightly browned. Remove from oven an sprinkle with fresh basil. Cut into slices and enjoy!" - Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny

private practice eating GIF
1 of these pizzas equals (roughly) a whopping 275 Calories! How can you beat that. 




Make sure to have fun with it! You don't always have to follow a recipe. There are far too many substitutes for a pita pizza. I usually add: spinach, onions, jalapenos, pepperoni, bacon if i'm feeling extra thick, and cheese. From picky eaters who only like cheese to people like myself who throw spinach on it, you will find that Pita pizza is suitable for anyone. 
tips help GIF

I am getting hungry just from typing this! I encourage you all to experiment and make your own. 

Sincerely, Woe Amor

4 comments:

  1. That recipe looks really good, I'll have to tell my mom about it because it is something that she'd like to make. Your title was the best part and caught my eye. Great job and keep it up on your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely enjoyed reading the recipe of your pita bread pizza. I have always shared a love for cooking, but sometimes get too caught up in life to continue to pursue that passion. That being said I admire you taking the initiative to live a healthier life style, and look for amazing recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, I love watching his show and seeing how brutal he can be but we all know he just wants to help them. I always feel empowered after like I want to cook everything. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are well organized with a strong voice and visually engaging. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete