Sunday, October 6, 2019

Entry #3: A Taste of Winter

Frosty Amor here, 

Do you ever stop to actually taste what you’re eating? The other day I stumbled upon this perception.

 malcolm in the middle purse GIF

As the brisk chill of winter begins to flow over my shoulders, I am obligated to cover them. My fingers fail to meet the edges of that soft and fluffy cardigan I keep laying around. I instead reach for something cold and stiff at the lining of my bag. The lid bursts open and I scramble to place the tiny and white indulgence back into the metal container. After cleaning that disaster of a mess up in my bag, I am able to peer my eyes upon my cardigan. I place one arm into the sleeve, followed by the other arm in the opposite sleeve. I reach into my pocket and I miraculously find a lost white treat. While it rested on the tips of my fingers, I couldn’t resist the urge of placing it on my tongue. 




miracle on 34th street christmas GIF
The sugary flakes glistened upon my tongue. I breathed out and closed my eyes. The thoughts of this delicacy in my mouth were driven by Christmas morning in 06’. Thud. My brother and I jolted downstairs to gaze upon the mounds of presents at the bottom of our tree. On our coffee table laid the same metal container also found in my bag. I grabbed the treat resembling a snowflake and instantly noticed heaps of fluffy snow falling from the sky. “What a perfect morning” my thirteen year old brother exclaimed. While respectively allowing our mother to sleep in on this joyous day, we threw on our snow gear and dashed outside. I opened my mouth to catch a snowflake and remembered my tongue was still pressed against the fresh confection.




snow jumping GIFMy brother and I pounce in and out of the snow swiftly resembling a bobcat. Like the sound of the snow, I was crunching the sweet and round snack. “Let's build a snowman!” I shouted. My brother started on the base while I started on the stomach. Eventually we put him all together and started decorating. I ran inside, kicked off my boots, and grabbed a carrot from the fridge. I then noticed the container still open on our coffee table. I snatched another while holding my carrot and carefully decided not to track snow all over our house. The remainder of the day was filled with peace and love. I think back to this day often. When shopping at Target, I never forget to grab that joyous and breathtaking treat found in aisle six.


 happy homer simpson GIF


“To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold," says Aristotle

Sincerely Woe Amor

3 comments:

  1. I love that you didn't just describe the experience of you eating the mint. You told a whole story behind the mint that was equally as descriptive. I also appreciate how you used the GIF of the cat in the snow to illustrate your story about you and your brother in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Johnathan, I love that you made it all about a memory that is tied into, as you put it, indulgence. You took me on a ride not just about a mint but the story of what you think about when you have one of those round mints. You still tied in all of the experiences of taste and sound into your story too. Great Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the sensory details in this post.

    ReplyDelete